Frogman GWF-1000/ GF-8250 Series
The GWF-1000 is the latest addition to the Frogman line, introduced on September 2009 in Japan. It represents the fifth generation of the Frogman series.
The GWF-1000 is now capable of receiving time updates from six locations worldwide (Mainflingen [Germany], Anthorn [England], Ft Collins [USA], Shangqiu [China] & Fukushima & Fukuoka/Saga [Japan]) which also known as Multiband 6. It also retaining ISO 6425 200 m water resistance, shock resistance, dive time measurement and solar power.
For certain non Japanese market, the frogman are without the Multiband 6 and tagged with a code of GF (eg GF-1000) instead of GWF for JDM market.
It also incorporates a tide and moon graph function. Like the first generation Frogman, the GWF-1000 employs a stainless steel construction with the addition of diamond-like coating (DLC) to improve corrosion resistance.
- GWF-1000-1JF : This model was the first model from 5th Gen and was officially released in 2009.
- GWF-1000B-1JR : In October 2009, the second model a black x Rose Gold frogman was released.
- GWF-1000G-1JR : This Frogman was released in March 2010. The colour is similar to the earlier frogman model DW-8200B-9A, the black × yellow gold.
- GF-8250-9JF : In October 2010, a smaller Frogman GF-8250-9JR was released. The design is adopted from earlier model but enhanced with many things including Solar powered.
- GWF-1000RD-4JF : This frogman was released under the color theme series “Men in Burning Red” in November 2010.
GWF-1000BP-1JF : This frogman was released under the color theme series “Men in Dark Purple” the following year.
- GWF-1000BS-1JF : This Frogman was released in June 2011.
- GF-8250ER-2JF : This frogman was released in April 2012 under the color theme series “Men in Military Colors”. The khaki Navy was choosen as the based colour and the band in two-tone color of the matte finish. The theme was inspired by old model DW-6300B-2 color in the 1990s.
- GF-8230A-4JR : It was released in September 2012 to celebrate G-Shock 30th anniversary in 2013. This model is part of 30th anniversary limited edition “Rising RED”.
- GF8230E-9JR : Just like the Rising Red model, this model was also released in November 2013 to celebrate G-Shock 30th Anniversary. This limited model is part of the G-SHOCK 30th Anniversary “Lightning Yellow“.
- GWF-1000NV-2JF : The Navy Frogman was released in March 2014 under the color theme series “Men in Navy” together with Mudman and also Rangeman model.
- GF-8250K-4JR : The pink frogman is a collaboration model to support the “Love The Sea And The Earth” activity in 2014. It was released in June 2014.
- GF-8250CM-2JR : The camo frogman was released in March 2015 under the theme Men in camouflage together with Mudman and Rangemen model.
- GWF-1000SR-4JF : The latest edition of frogman was from the Men in Sunrise Purple series. It was released in Oct 2015.
Via : Wikipedia.